RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. RavenPack’s products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. Our clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world!
We are looking for a Cloud SysAdmin to join RavenPack’s Operations Team in our office in Marbella.
Join RavenPack and help us manage knowledge extracted from hundreds of thousands of documents each day, all in real-time. You will deploy, monitor and manage hundreds of servers across multiple different environments, and help maintain 99.99% uptime on a system processing multi-terabytes of information in real time.
As a Cloud SysAdmin you will be reporting directly to the Cloud Computing Manager and will interact with an international team of developers skilled in SQL, Python, Java, and Cloud technologies.
The ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in setting up and managing Linux systems from the ground-up
- Proven experience working in Cloud environments, specifically AWS
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python and Bash, or similar technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge in network design and resolution of issues.
- Utilizing technologies from the Cloud and BigData technologies such as ElasticSearch,Hadoop, Spark…
- Administering relational and NoSQL databases.
- Implementing Infrastructure as code with AWS Cloudformation and Terraform.
- Automating and provisioning tools experience like with Chef and Ansible.
- Technologies related to containers (such as Docker and Rocket).
As a Cloud Sysadmin, you will be in charge of developing and maintaining cutting-edge cloud infrastructure solutions to provide support to the company’s services. Building, monitoring and provisioning software, automating infrastructure changes on the cloud will be part of your daily tasks.
We are looking for a cross-functional System Administrator who will be in charge of:
- Continuously improving solutions based on clients' needs.
- Troubleshooting any issue related to operating systems and servers.
- Providing support to the different company departments.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and proposing new solutions adapted to each situation.
- On-call rotation shifts will be one of your responsibilities.
What's in it for you
- You will work with the latest technologies.
- Our Headquarters is situated in Marbella, and we offer Hybrid work.
- A shuttle bus from Malaga, Fuengirola, La Riviera, and Estepona is available for free from the company.
- You will have ownership of projects working in a collaborative environment where we will value your contribution.
- You will work in an agile environment able to react quickly to changes with a fairly flat hierarchy.
- As we encourage continuous learning, we will support your ongoing training.
- Diversity is in our DNA! You will work in an international environment (over 29 nationalities and 24 languages spoken!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Cloud Sys Admin
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. Our clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world.
Loading application form
Already working at RavenPack?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.